Prom Party Photo read on for my story
In the winter of 2006 my son asked if he could have a party for his forthcoming 13th birthday as he was becoming a teenager.
I was reluctant at first as my kids have had party's every year, and i thought it was about time i got a bit of a break. I thought after 13 years of planning parties of all sorts that i had deserved a rest.....but oh no.
I agreed to the party idea but only on one condition........It was too be a themed party of my choice.
I suggested that he had a Prom Party like the Americans have, a big full on Prom with girls in over the top dresses, boys in black tuxedo's, a limousine and a hall.
Little did I know (or think) how much this would set us back.
I often think I'm a millionaire as I come up with these "Champagne lifestyle" ideas but i have " lemonade wages".
Anyway I started surfing the net to gather all the necessary information that I could find on Prom Party Idea's.
I started with the outfits for the girls and looked at hundreds of dresses for all the girls that were going to be invited to the party. I printed off loads of pictures and Charlie took them to school so he could give the girls some idea's.
On E-bay I found a shop that sold black tuxedo's for the boys, at a cheap price, called kidssyle2. So I printed off the information for all of the boy's, so they could forward it onto their parents and hoped that they would all take part in the whole idea. Charlie wanted to be different so he opted for a White tux, much to my disgust, but it did look really good on and I must admit it did seem to suit him.

Next was to organise the Limousine, I see a nice American Hummer and thought it would fit in great with the theme, The website was called Central limousine(see link)http://www.climo.co.uk and before long I had booked a 20 seater American hummer and there was no turning back.

American Limousine & Driver
E-bay was great for buying all the accessories I needed to throw a great Prom, I bought all the balloons, to make a great balloon arch (with the help of my other half) it was a 160 gold & Burgandy twisted Balloon Arch and looked great really professional. You can see it in many of the photo's.
As we all know Prom's have Prom Kings and prom Queen's but that's in the U.S.A and we live in London in the U.K, So we had a Prom King, Queen Prince and a princess.
This idea went down really well as we had children of all ages.
Each had their own crown's and Tiara's and I personally made all of the sash's with my own fair hands.
The Queen and Princess were also presented with a bouquet of flowers and watches and the King and Prince with watches.
As I said before this was a U.K Prom so we changed a few things like the fact that we didn't have a live band, cause you know kids these day's they like there music, so we had music video's projecting on a screen which looked really cool, a good idea of mine and all the kids were well impressed. (Im now a cool mum)
Anyway the night was fantastic and everyone had fun, it was quite stressful arranging it all and felt like I was arranging a wedding, what with all the planning, after all it did take 4 months to plan.
Here are some of the pics for you all to see and I shall list some sites that I found useful when searching for information. (see below)
>



.jpg)
In the winter of 2006 my son asked if he could have a party for his forthcoming 13th birthday as he was becoming a teenager.
I was reluctant at first as my kids have had party's every year, and i thought it was about time i got a bit of a break. I thought after 13 years of planning parties of all sorts that i had deserved a rest.....but oh no.
I agreed to the party idea but only on one condition........It was too be a themed party of my choice.
I suggested that he had a Prom Party like the Americans have, a big full on Prom with girls in over the top dresses, boys in black tuxedo's, a limousine and a hall.
Little did I know (or think) how much this would set us back.
I often think I'm a millionaire as I come up with these "Champagne lifestyle" ideas but i have " lemonade wages".
Anyway I started surfing the net to gather all the necessary information that I could find on Prom Party Idea's.
I started with the outfits for the girls and looked at hundreds of dresses for all the girls that were going to be invited to the party. I printed off loads of pictures and Charlie took them to school so he could give the girls some idea's.
On E-bay I found a shop that sold black tuxedo's for the boys, at a cheap price, called kidssyle2. So I printed off the information for all of the boy's, so they could forward it onto their parents and hoped that they would all take part in the whole idea. Charlie wanted to be different so he opted for a White tux, much to my disgust, but it did look really good on and I must admit it did seem to suit him.

Next was to organise the Limousine, I see a nice American Hummer and thought it would fit in great with the theme, The website was called Central limousine(see link)http://www.climo.co.uk and before long I had booked a 20 seater American hummer and there was no turning back.

American Limousine & Driver
E-bay was great for buying all the accessories I needed to throw a great Prom, I bought all the balloons, to make a great balloon arch (with the help of my other half) it was a 160 gold & Burgandy twisted Balloon Arch and looked great really professional. You can see it in many of the photo's.
As we all know Prom's have Prom Kings and prom Queen's but that's in the U.S.A and we live in London in the U.K, So we had a Prom King, Queen Prince and a princess.
This idea went down really well as we had children of all ages.
Each had their own crown's and Tiara's and I personally made all of the sash's with my own fair hands.
The Queen and Princess were also presented with a bouquet of flowers and watches and the King and Prince with watches.
As I said before this was a U.K Prom so we changed a few things like the fact that we didn't have a live band, cause you know kids these day's they like there music, so we had music video's projecting on a screen which looked really cool, a good idea of mine and all the kids were well impressed. (Im now a cool mum)
Anyway the night was fantastic and everyone had fun, it was quite stressful arranging it all and felt like I was arranging a wedding, what with all the planning, after all it did take 4 months to plan.
Here are some of the pics for you all to see and I shall list some sites that I found useful when searching for information. (see below)
>




.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment